Austin Boat Forums   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  A great place to talk about the lake when you aren't on it.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bottom paint and outdrive service X2 (Read 2593 times)
Stimulus Package
Austin Boater

Austin Boater

Bottom paint and outdrive service X2
Feb 10th, 2013 at 1:54pm

Anyone know ballpark of what I should expect to pay for new bottom paint and outdrive servicing for two Volvo Penta duo prop outdrives?  Gonna do it in the next several weeks.  32 footer. 

Eriksson, Five Star or ??

IP Logged

Haulin Nuts
Land Lubber

Austin Boater

Re: Bottom paint and outdrive service X2
Reply #1 - Feb 11th, 2013 at 11:40am

Never done it but wanted to do it on my Formula.  I would saw upwards near 5,000 somewhere 3-5k

IP Logged

Tyranni
Austin Boater

Austin Boater

Re: Bottom paint and outdrive service X2
Reply #2 - Feb 11th, 2013 at 12:01pm

The folks in town that I found who would do bottom jobs for me are Eriksson, hurst harbor, and south Austin Marine.  Eriksson was the cheapest at $65/foot but I talked Harbor into matching the price as I wanted to give Scott the business and it was a haul I was familiar with. Very happy with it.
Outdrive service you may end up paying hourly and then it depends on what they find and how easy they come off.  I always do my drives myself. expect $50+ for fluid and gaskets per drive.Maybe 3-4 hrs each at $110/hr.  Just spitballing but I can do one in 3 hours if all goes as planned and I'm not a professional.  Anyone should be able to give you a ballpark hours estimate if all checks out fine (pressure test, gimball inspection, ujoint inspection, fluid appearance, pressure test, alignment).  I have yet to have everything check out OK for both drives on a drive inspection however  Roll Eyes

2003 Mastercraft X2
2001 Yamaha GP1200R
2002 Honda Aquatrax Turbo

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Sponsors
Texas Boat Forums - Everything boating and Texas!

Lake Boss - Boating, booze and good times on the lake blog

Sea Tow
Hula Boat Care