Austin Boat Forums   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  A great place to talk about the lake when you aren't on it.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Audio: side firing sub? (Read 7920 times)
g
Veteran Austin Boater

Banished to an island
Re: Audio: side firing sub?
Reply #15 - Dec 30th, 2011 at 8:09am

g wrote on Dec 28th, 2011 at 7:15pm:
Captain YARRR wrote on Dec 28th, 2011 at 5:04pm:
livesound wrote on Dec 23rd, 2011 at 3:42pm:

G, do you have pictures of your setup? I'm trying to decide what to do. I would like to get two or four more 6.5s as well.

Capt Y., I'll have the boat out tomorrow on Lake LBJ.  I'll take some shots of the set-up.

Ok, had the boat out yesterday.  Here are some shots of the set-up.  Fusion head unit and remotes.  Head unit is installed in the cabin above the cabinet on the starboard side.  Three remotes:  1 forward in the open bow area; one at the helm and one aft at the swim platform.  Wetsounds amps.  All mounted in the big cabinet on the starboard side (most Sunsations have a Norcold fridge in that space.  Mine was spec'd without a fridge). 2 JL Audio Speakers forward in the open bow (controlled as "zone" by the front remote so your front passengers can turn up/down independent of what is going on in the rest of the boat).  Midships by the driver and passenger bolster JL Audio speakers (w/tweeters).  JL Audio Subs in the storage space between the Hull and the interior of the boat.  These are free air subs, but it does a pretty good job of projecting the bass into the cockpit.  Under the rear seat are two more JL speakers.  The only speakers not pictured are the removable that attach to the gunnels.
Here are the pics I shot.  Hope they help.  I will be in Austin this Monday with my boat (taking it in for service), and then probably the following Saturday to pick it up.  PM me with your phone number if you want to get a look at the set up.

IMG_0617.JPG (193 KB | )
IMG_0617.JPG
IMG_0621.JPG (218 KB | )
IMG_0621.JPG
IMG_0636.JPG (301 KB | )
IMG_0636.JPG
IMG_0635.JPG (311 KB | )
IMG_0635.JPG
IMG_0616.JPG (218 KB | )
IMG_0616.JPG
IMG_0625.JPG (299 KB | )
IMG_0625.JPG
IMG_0624.JPG (275 KB | )
IMG_0624.JPG
IMG_0626.JPG (238 KB | )
IMG_0626.JPG
IMG_0627.JPG (209 KB | )
IMG_0627.JPG

2006 32 Sunsation SS MCOB
2007 2500HD Allison/Duramax
2007 Corvette C6

IP Logged

Jay Gadsby
Lake Captain

Naturally Obsessed

Killeen TX
Reply #16 - Dec 30th, 2011 at 2:03pm

Yey for pics, although I just felt a rather large pang of jealousy Sad I like the way they wired in the amps, nice and clean for sure. Boy oh boy am I excited to get home and get out on the water. Hoping to get an R&R date at some point in the near future, I will have to unwinterize for that Smiley Enjoy and stay safe Sir!

2000 Nordic Heat- 500 EFI with all the fixin's

IP Logged

Captain YARRR
Admin

Doing the rain dance

Round Rock, TX
Reply #17 - Dec 30th, 2011 at 4:48pm

That is super nice and super clean. That owner had a really nice attention to detail or a nice deep wallet. I absolutely love the blue of your boat. Looks like you got her shined up?

I can't wait to clean mine up. I think she's gonna be dirty for the winter boating. I'll do what I can with the interior though.

2005 Sunsation Dominator 32 MCOB - twin 6.3L
2004 Dodge Viper SRT-10: 460 RWHP, 503 RWTQ
WWW 18297901 shadwlight  
IP Logged

nathan
Lake Admiral

Going Home !!!!!

Leander, TX Soon
Reply #18 - Jan 2nd, 2012 at 9:47pm

nice boat, speakers and amps.  It is funny how old this thread makes me feel.  I haven't has a big sound system in a boat or vehicle in a number of years.  not since my oldest was born abotu 6 years ago.  damn kids LOL.  i was excited and happy when I got the small enclosed with 3.5" and two smaller speakers.  Grin Grin

My Happy place is on a boat at the lake with my kids!!

current boats:
1983 chaparral 235 XLC (restoration)
1977 playcraft p24 pontoon (parents own now I am the mechanic)
1975 skeeter hawk (on hold)
nathanb42  
IP Logged

Wake man
Lake Captain

Austin Boater

Reply #19 - Jan 2nd, 2012 at 10:02pm

G, using only one engine on that last pic?

One boatless wake boarder!

IP Logged

g
Veteran Austin Boater

Banished to an island
Reply #20 - Jan 3rd, 2012 at 9:19am

Wake man wrote on Jan 2nd, 2012 at 10:02pm:
G, using only one engine on that last pic?

Sure looks that way, eh?  Maybe, I just don't remember... we took a bunch of pics that day, and she may have asked me to pose shortly after starting one of the engines.  I do think there was a slight breeze that caused that effect of both motors were running.

2007 Corvette C6

IP Logged

Captain YARRR
Admin

Doing the rain dance

Round Rock, TX
Reply #21 - Jan 4th, 2012 at 3:57pm

I would have loved to come check out your boat. I had to work unfortunately. What work are you having done?

I got some pics last weekend of the setup, I'll upload them when I get home from my biz trip.

2005 Sunsation Dominator 32 MCOB - twin 6.3L
2004 Dodge Viper SRT-10: 460 RWHP, 503 RWTQ
WWW 18297901 shadwlight  
IP Logged

g
Veteran Austin Boater

Banished to an island
Reply #22 - Jan 5th, 2012 at 12:25pm

Captain YARRR wrote on Jan 4th, 2012 at 3:57pm:
I would have loved to come check out your boat. I had to work unfortunately. What work are you having done?

I got some pics last weekend of the setup, I'll upload them when I get home from my biz trip.

Cool.  Look forward to seeing pictures of your setup!!
I took my boat to Jim Speros (mobilemercman) for a full annual (drives, impellers, fluids, oil, etc).  Since the boat is used, and I don't know the service history, I wanted to get a fresh baseline for my maintenance schedule.  I tow to Austin because there are simply no good choices for performance mechanics in San Antonio, so I would rather do the tow and have it done right.  Jim is a real pro and a great guy as well.
I'll be back up there on Saturday to pick it up if all the work is done and no other problems surface...

2007 Corvette C6

IP Logged

nathan
Lake Admiral

Going Home !!!!!

Leander, TX Soon
Reply #23 - Jan 5th, 2012 at 10:05pm

Jim Speros (mobilemercman) is a great guy and an even better mechanic.  i know a ton of people he has helped over the years and I have never heard a bad word about him.

My Happy place is on a boat at the lake with my kids!!

current boats:
1983 chaparral 235 XLC (restoration)
1977 playcraft p24 pontoon (parents own now I am the mechanic)
1975 skeeter hawk (on hold)
nathanb42  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

Sponsors
Texas Boat Forums - Everything boating and Texas!

Lake Boss - Boating, booze and good times on the lake blog

Sea Tow
Hula Boat Care