Austin Boat Forums   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Tell your friends, the more the merrier!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Aquapalooza info e-mail (Read 5517 times)
Captain YARRR
Admin

Doing the rain dance

Round Rock, TX
Aquapalooza info e-mail
Jun 24th, 2010 at 9:55pm

Quote:
Make a splash this summer at AquaPalooza on Lake Travis with Brad Paisley and his friends!

Thanks for registering for The Event of the summer on Lake Travis. The 5th Annual AquaPalooza Signature Event is headed to Texas for the first time. Brought to you by Sea Ray Boats and Sail & Ski Center, AquaPalooza will be held at The Reserve located at Calcasieu Point, mile marker 22 on the lake. And remember, while this is a free event open to all boaters (and all brands), "Your Boat is Your Ticket." There is no land access to this event.

In less than three weeks, the fun will begin. If you are in Austin or the Lake Travis area, AquaPalooza Events will be taking place all week around the lake. Be sure to check out "AquaPalooza Week's" full schedule of events at www.aquapaloozalaketravis.com. Another great resource is LakeTravisTV.com. A good overview of AquaPalooza can be found by reviewing the AquaPalooza e-brochure.

Common questions we are hearing from registrants:

Are my t-shirts here yet? No, not yet. If you got a confirmation for t-shirts, you will be able to pick up the two shirts Monday, July 5th through Friday, July 9th, at any of Sail & Ski Center's three locations in Austin and San Antonio. Go to www.sailandski.com for location information. You will also be able to purchase limited-edition unique AquaPalooza Signature Event Texas apparel at that time, along with water toys, sunglasses, personal flotation devices (PFD's), fenders and mooring lines, as well as other boating needs for the weekend.

I hear there are wrist bands to buy? Yes, they are called AQUA BANDS, and they are good for discounts all around Lake Travis at participating businesses. Look for their posted sign to see what they are offering. And, while you do not need one to attend AquaPalooza, they will get you goodies, and look cool too. These are available at Sail & Ski Centers, online at GetTix.com and at participating retailers for only $10.00.

What do I need to get on the

2005 Sunsation Dominator 32 MCOB - twin 6.3L
2004 Dodge Viper SRT-10: 460 RWHP, 503 RWTQ
WWW 18297901 shadwlight  
IP Logged

Captain YARRR
Admin

Doing the rain dance

Round Rock, TX
Re: Aquapalooza info e-mail
Reply #1 - Jun 24th, 2010 at 9:56pm

Quote:
Rafting Grid, and when can I join? When you registered, you became eligible to join. You do not need to do anything else in advance. You may begin rafting up Friday July 9 at 7:00 AM. Approximately 2,000 spots are available on a first come basis. You cannot reserve a spot on the lines, so if you and your friends on other boats want to be together, arrive at the same time. You will need fenders, mooring lines and an anchor with a line that might need to be over 100 feet long. Anchoring securely is the responsibility of each attendee, and at your own risk. You must secure your boat if you plan on leaving it (also at your own risk), and have a method to depart and return by water.

If I arrive Friday, what is there to do? Starting at 10:00 AM, food and drinks will be available for purchase on land. From noon until 7:30 PM, local bands will be playing on the Land Shark Stage on land. There will be vendors, stand up paddleboard demonstrations, and rest rooms available too. Come enjoy a day on Lake Travis with food, drinks, music, and much more.

So, what happens Saturday July 10th? If there are any rafting spots remaining, you may join beginning at 7:00 AM. Food and drink vendors will be available on land beginning at 10:00 AM. At noon, music will begin on the Main Stage. Brad Paisley takes the stage around 5:00 PM for the main event. You may begin departing 30-minutes after the show concludes so that swimmers may return to their boats safely.

I want to come by land, and where do I get tickets? There is NO LAND ACCESS to AquaPalooza other than from the water's edge. Your boat is your ticket. There are no tickets to buy. Come to and go from the Event site by water only.

I don't have a boat. Where can I buy one? Sail & Ski has special pricing and a very neat offer for AquaPalooza. Call for details.

What else should I do before AquaPalooza? What am I forgetting? Get your boat serviced at Sail & Ski. How is your battery? Remember, "avoidable grief" after a

WWW 18297901 shadwlight  
IP Logged

Captain YARRR
Admin

Doing the rain dance

Round Rock, TX
Reply #2 - Jun 24th, 2010 at 9:57pm

Quote:
"avoidable grief" after a weekend on the water with a weak battery. Get fuel, water, provisions. Do you have enough PFD's for everyone on-board? Have the kids grown since last year? Has dad? Water-logged vests are not good. Contact Sail & Ski Yacht Club to see if launching slots are available at (512) 266-2507.

Let your friends know about AquaPalooza if they don't already. This is a family event, so think safety, safety and safety. NOBODY'S WATERPROOF.

Rob Noyes
Vice-President, Marketing
Sea Ray Boats

WWW 18297901 shadwlight  
IP Logged

nathan
Lake Admiral

Going Home !!!!!

Leander, TX Soon
Reply #3 - Jun 25th, 2010 at 7:08am

I got that email too! the thing that is funny is they say the free t-shirts are not avaible but I saqw some for sale at HEB for I think $15.00 free ones not ready but sale ones o yea lol

My Happy place is on a boat at the lake with my kids!!

current boats:
1983 chaparral 235 XLC (restoration)
1977 playcraft p24 pontoon (parents own now I am the mechanic)
1975 skeeter hawk (on hold)
nathanb42  
IP Logged

Captain YARRR
Admin

Doing the rain dance

Round Rock, TX
Reply #4 - Jun 25th, 2010 at 8:14am

I am sure that's the last order they fill Smiley

WWW 18297901 shadwlight  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Sponsors
Texas Boat Forums - Everything boating and Texas!

Lake Boss - Boating, booze and good times on the lake blog

Sea Tow
Hula Boat Care