Austin Boat Forums   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  A great place to talk about the lake when you aren't on it.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Austin Boat Show (Read 7698 times)
Shaka
Veteran Austin Boater

Austin Boater

Round Rock, Texas
Re: Austin Boat Show
Reply #15 - Jan 18th, 2010 at 9:47am

I got a chance to make it down there Saturday afternoon.  It was slow and even slower once the UT basketball game started (UT played the Aggies at the Erwin SEC Saturday evening). 

It was sad seeing some 2008s and 2009s on display.    Not too much new for 2010. 

However, there were some "sold" signs and one dealer I talked to said that it was a lot better then last year's show.   Hopefully we are truly on the path to economic recovery.

IP Logged

Wake man
Lake Captain

Austin Boater

Reply #16 - Jan 18th, 2010 at 11:27am

We went on Saturday and had a good time. I was a bit disappointed with the lack of performance boats. Lots of cruisers and run abouts. Only a couple performance boats. That big ass Fountain was awesome.

One boatless wake boarder!

IP Logged

Shaka
Veteran Austin Boater

Austin Boater

Round Rock, Texas
Reply #17 - Jan 18th, 2010 at 4:24pm

Wake man wrote on Jan 18th, 2010 at 11:27am:
We went on Saturday and had a good time. I was a bit disappointed with the lack of performance boats. Lots of cruisers and run abouts. Only a couple performance boats. That big ass Fountain was awesome.

I went to the Houston boat show a couple of years ago and they had everything....sailboats, big cruisers and off shore performance boats.    Our show doesn't compare....it's just the local dealers.  The big Fountain was the same one from last year.   I was surprised to see one Baja.   It didn't look that different from when Brunswick owned them....not many changes.

IP Logged

Wake man
Lake Captain

Austin Boater

Reply #18 - Jan 19th, 2010 at 11:40am

Maybe it's worth the trip if they have more variety. There was only a handful of dealers there and most offered so many similar boats. That big ass Fountain was quite the sight to see though. Absolutlely stunning. I suppose it's a slow market for ocean rocket ships these days though.

One boatless wake boarder!

IP Logged

Captain YARRR
Admin

Doing the rain dance

Round Rock, TX
Reply #19 - Jan 20th, 2010 at 7:59am

One boat that I really loved was the bright red Rinker runabout that looked like a performance boat. It had the captain's call exhaust with two stainless tips on each side. Very sexy.

2005 Sunsation Dominator 32 MCOB - twin 6.3L
2004 Dodge Viper SRT-10: 460 RWHP, 503 RWTQ
WWW 18297901 shadwlight  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

Sponsors
Texas Boat Forums - Everything boating and Texas!

Lake Boss - Boating, booze and good times on the lake blog

Sea Tow
Hula Boat Care