Austin Boat Forums   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Posting here is better than Facebook, nobody gets annoyed with 50 pictures of your boat here.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
496 Sea water pump (Read 3582 times)
XX14NORDICRAGE
Land Lubber

San Antonio Navy

San Antonio
496 Sea water pump
Feb 13th, 2014 at 7:21pm

Towards the end of last season if I ran WOT for more than 30 seconds my Rage would go into guardian mode. The diagnosis was the sea water pump even though I had replaced the impeller. Faced with buying a new pump I chose to go with the Hardin stainless model and got it with the pulley. The unit utilizes the mercury backing plate for water throughput. That backing plate was scored and I'm told that's what caused the lack of water volume likely due to boating in shallow lakes and sucking up some sand over the years, 2005. I know Hardin/CP make a kit to rebuild this and it might make a nice spare for someone?  Any ideas on what this is worth or should I throw it in the trash?

IP Logged

97FASTech
Veteran Austin Boater

Canyon Lake Boater

Canyon Lake / Houston
Re: 496 Sea water pump
Reply #1 - Feb 16th, 2014 at 9:48pm

Does this have the fuel pump on it as well??  If so I'll try to find out if it will fit the GEN 6 HP500.

IP Logged

XX14NORDICRAGE
Land Lubber

San Antonio Navy

San Antonio
Re: 496 Sea water pump
Reply #2 - Feb 17th, 2014 at 6:09pm

No pretty sure this is the gen 7 and it's only the sea water pump without the backing plate. Sorry. Looking forward to seeing you out on Canyon this year.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Sponsors
Texas Boat Forums - Everything boating and Texas!

Lake Boss - Boating, booze and good times on the lake blog

Sea Tow
Hula Boat Care