Austin Boat Forums   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  We are moving to TexasBoatForums.com, come on over and visit!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
BUSY!! (Read 2993 times)
SEA TOW

Free Towing For Members!!!

Central Texas
BUSY!!
Jul 20th, 2013 at 10:06am

It has been a while since I have been able to post or get on here so I thought I would throw out an update.

Even with the lake level low this has been our busiest year yet, and not from boats running aground, but just everyday boating issues where the owner has to be towed in. We have been getting a lot of expired members who did not renew due to the low lake level who have called needing a tow, and are upset to find they can not renew on the spot.

PLEASE make sure if you have been, or are a member that your membership is active. With our call volume this year, my concern is to service members!! We LOVE when members call, due to no negotiating, haggling about our rates, and acting like we caused their boat to run out of gas or battery power. With members it's EASY!! You give us your name or member number, your location, and we are on the way...SIMPLE!! MEMBERSHIP is $119/year for our Lake Card!!

Just a reminder our non-member rates are:
     $200/hour from 8am-8pm
     $250/hour from 8pm-10pm
     $300/hour from 10pm-8am
This is the run time of our tow boat, so from the time we crank our boat at our slip, time to you, time in tow or on scene, and then time until we are back in our slip and the our boat is shut down. HOUR MINIMUM, most calls are two hours total time.

$400 to $600, compared to $119/year, EASY choice!

THANKS to all you Sea Tow Members out there!!!

WWW http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sea-Tow-Central-Texa  
IP Logged

nathan
Lake Admiral

Going Home !!!!!

Leander, TX Soon
Re: BUSY!!
Reply #1 - Jul 20th, 2013 at 5:47pm

I plan on getting a membership soon.  but I have a question I think I have asked before but I will again.  with me being on Waco what would be the process for some one like me that is not on travis or canyon lake?  Also is the membership for the person or the boat?  what I mean is if I had a membership and my parents were out on my boat without me would they be covered on my boat.

My Happy place is on a boat at the lake with my kids!!

current boats:
1983 chaparral 235 XLC (restoration)
1977 playcraft p24 pontoon (parents own now I am the mechanic)
1975 skeeter hawk (on hold)
nathanb42  
IP Logged

livesound
Veteran Austin Boater

Austin Boater

austin tx
Reply #2 - Jul 28th, 2013 at 10:40am

You know mike i have to say having my membership with you has been awesome.  i think you have towed me twice, jumped me twice.  talked me through buying a trailer, let me know what lake to take a vacation on and be covered.  your service and availibility go far beyond what i pay,  you being active on the lake this forum ect make it a true value for 119 a year i never have a second thought paying for my membership.  But notice now that i have switched mechanics i havent had to call you this season!!  another shamless prop for 5 star who has been taking care of my boat for the past year.  Grin

Correct me if i am wrong,  but with our membership it does cover the boat no mater who is on it.  and basic membership is good for the state of texas as long as it is a covered lake?

2001 Mastercraft X-10 sold and gone Sad
2012 Mastercraft X-25 jury is still out LOL

IP Logged

SEA TOW

Free Towing For Members!!!

Central Texas
Reply #3 - Jul 30th, 2013 at 11:18am

Thanks for the kind words sir, it's always a pleasure to serve our members... NICE & EASY, NO HASSLES!!

Hows that trailer treating you livesound?

Our Lake Card, $119/year, is for one specific lake, though I will cover you on my lakes in my AOR. Outside of my AOR you would need the Gold Card, $169/year, and that covers you anywhere in the nation. If you are a Gold Card member and you need services in an area where there are no Sea Tow boats, Sea Tow will help to locate a local provider and reimburse you up to $5,000!!

The membership does cover you the owner on any boat that your in command of, and it also covers your boat. So if your family or friends take your boat out without you, they are covered.

If you are a Sea Tow member and happen to be on a friends boat who is not a Sea Tow member, and he is on the boat, then it would not be covered because we would want your friend to be a Sea Tow member as well. Otherwise everyone would piggy back off one membership and we would go out of business.

WWW http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sea-Tow-Central-Texa  
IP Logged

nathan
Lake Admiral

Going Home !!!!!

Leander, TX Soon
Reply #4 - Jul 30th, 2013 at 1:33pm

sounds great now I need to finish putting the money aside for the membership!!

My Happy place is on a boat at the lake with my kids!!

current boats:
1983 chaparral 235 XLC (restoration)
1977 playcraft p24 pontoon (parents own now I am the mechanic)
1975 skeeter hawk (on hold)
nathanb42  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Sponsors
Texas Boat Forums - Everything boating and Texas!

Lake Boss - Boating, booze and good times on the lake blog

Sea Tow
Hula Boat Care