Austin Boat Forums   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Tell your friends, the more the merrier!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Report (Read 3866 times)
Seadooguy512
Land Lubber

Austin Boater

Aug 23rd, 2012 at 5:53pm

Well decided to take the jet ski out on Wednesday launched at city park ( emma long ) rode towards the 360 bridge decided to ride all the way to the dam cause the water was beautiful absolute glass. A few wake boarders here and there. I headed back towards Mansfield dam and went to turn around and The jet on my ski got clogged with moss causing me to sling forward and fall off the ski. A by stander saw me and started to take pictures of me. I was kinda mad already so that made me even more mad. I cleared up the jet and rode towards the guy I asked him why he was taking pictures he replied your the prime example why the city needs to clear up the moss, hydrilla up because boaters are getting hurt. I was in 100 % agreance so then said he is sending the pictures to the city for proof .. Overall good day riding Smiley

IP Logged

nathan
Lake Admiral

Going Home !!!!!

Leander, TX Soon
Re: Report
Reply #1 - Aug 23rd, 2012 at 6:05pm

glad you had a good ride.  my brother went to do a test ride on his jet ski about a week or two ago and said he was going to launch at Quinlan Park because it was free.  I told him not to because it is only a little farther to georgetown from were he was and it would be better for the first test ride.  i told him that if he launched at Quinlan he would probably not get far because he would probably suck up a jet full of hydrilla.  sure enough he called me and said his ski would not move.   Grin Grin  later he sent me this picture that told the story.

My Happy place is on a boat at the lake with my kids!!

current boats:
1983 chaparral 235 XLC (restoration)
1977 playcraft p24 pontoon (parents own now I am the mechanic)
1975 skeeter hawk (on hold)
nathanb42  
IP Logged

Seadooguy512
Land Lubber

Austin Boater

Reply #2 - Aug 23rd, 2012 at 6:09pm

Haha yup I had about the same picture

IP Logged

Captain YARRR
Admin

Doing the rain dance

Round Rock, TX
Reply #3 - Aug 31st, 2012 at 10:44am

Seadooguy512 wrote on Aug 23rd, 2012 at 5:53pm:
Well decided to take the jet ski out on Wednesday launched at city park ( emma long ) rode towards the 360 bridge decided to ride all the way to the dam cause the water was beautiful absolute glass. A few wake boarders here and there. I headed back towards Mansfield dam and went to turn around and The jet on my ski got clogged with moss causing me to sling forward and fall off the ski. A by stander saw me and started to take pictures of me. I was kinda mad already so that made me even more mad. I cleared up the jet and rode towards the guy I asked him why he was taking pictures he replied your the prime example why the city needs to clear up the moss, hydrilla up because boaters are getting hurt. I was in 100 % agreance so then said he is sending the pictures to the city for proof .. Overall good day riding Smiley

Damn I would be pissed too. Sounds like you didn't get hurt which is great.

Hope those pics don't start popping up elsewhere Smiley

2005 Sunsation Dominator 32 MCOB - twin 6.3L
2004 Dodge Viper SRT-10: 460 RWHP, 503 RWTQ
WWW 18297901 shadwlight  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Sponsors
Texas Boat Forums - Everything boating and Texas!

Lake Boss - Boating, booze and good times on the lake blog

Sea Tow
Hula Boat Care