Austin Boat Forums   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  A great place to talk about the lake when you aren't on it.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sea Ray 185 B/R***1 of a Kind*** (Read 6706 times)
Chris
Land Lubber

Austin Boater

Sea Ray 185 B/R***1 of a Kind***
Jul 26th, 2012 at 3:17am

1997 with so many upgrades this boat is better now than it was new. I had the entire interior custom rebuilt and designed. Has a big sun pad and bench seats across the back with tons of storage. The drivers seat is a larger seat with a flip up bolster that I bought out of a larger bow rider and the passenger seat was taken out and built a small rear facing bench in its place as seen in pics. Carpet and bimini top with boot all replaced to match colors. Bimini top and boot made with Sunbrella canvas. All interior work was done in the spring of 2009. Spent $3600 for this work done by Can Do upholstery using all starboard, heavy duty marine grade vinyl ,and stainless steel hardware. Had perko switch, 2nd battery, stereo system with 4 channel amp and 6 - 6.5" jbl speakers, new teleflex premier gauges with stainless bezels and back lit in blue, and new vent blower added in 2010, had extended swim plat form from swimplatforms.com ($1500 + install $1000) added in 2011. 2012 - Replaced 2 speakers, new Sony marine cdx m30 head unit, and replaced db amp with a jbl ma6004 4 channel marine amp. All 6 speakers are jbl ms6200. Replaced the original trailer in 2010. Trailer was sold to me as used but was a trailer someone bought as a package with a boat they didn't need and returned. It is a 2007 single torsion axel aluminum Magic Tilt purchased from Marine Max in Seabrook . Replaced trailer lights with led lights this year. Also put a 5 blade stainless 21p hi5 prop on in 2010. The boat without the swim platform is 19'. Swimplatform adds about 2.5'. Has a 190 hp 4.3l mercruiser that was meticulously maintained with an open check book. Have all maint records and receipts for everything. I tried to list everything. This is truly a one of a kind boat that has been meticulously maintained, continually upgraded, flushed and washed after every use, and stored in dry inclosed storage. On the fence about selling but want a new boat.  Call or text Chris @ 713-470-8484 and make an offer.

Profile.jpg (24 KB | )
Profile.jpg
Bow_001.jpg (22 KB | )
Bow_001.jpg
Guages.jpg (34 KB | )
Guages.jpg
Glove_Box.jpg (37 KB | )
Glove_Box.jpg
Amp.jpg (40 KB | )
Amp.jpg

IP Logged

nathan
Lake Admiral

Going Home !!!!!

Leander, TX Soon
Re: Sea Ray 185 B/R***1 of a Kind***
Reply #1 - Jul 26th, 2012 at 6:54am

nice boat!  welcome to the forum and good luck on the sale.

My Happy place is on a boat at the lake with my kids!!

current boats:
1983 chaparral 235 XLC (restoration)
1977 playcraft p24 pontoon (parents own now I am the mechanic)
1975 skeeter hawk (on hold)
nathanb42  
IP Logged

Chris
Land Lubber

Austin Boater

Reply #2 - Jul 26th, 2012 at 11:44am

Thanks I appreciate it. I've been a member on the forum and visit Austin a few time a year during the summer so I lurk on here for some info, and live vicariously thru you lucky members that get to have the most most beautiful waters in Texas as y'alls playground! Lol. Love those Austin lakes!

IP Logged

Wake man
Lake Captain

Austin Boater

Reply #3 - Jul 26th, 2012 at 3:05pm

Looks super clean! Good luck with the sale

One boatless wake boarder!

IP Logged

Chris
Land Lubber

Austin Boater

Reply #4 - Jul 26th, 2012 at 3:39pm

Thanks a lot!  I have treated this boat like a project although it wasn't quite a project boat. Just constantly trying to upgrade it and make it nicer. Originally had the composite engine cover cowling and jump seats and all the mid '90s teal green in it. Lol

IP Logged

Captain YARRR
Admin

Doing the rain dance

Round Rock, TX
Reply #5 - Jul 26th, 2012 at 6:17pm

I am sure a boat like that shouldn't be a hard sell, pretty appealing to a lot of folks. Looks really well cared for.

2005 Sunsation Dominator 32 MCOB - twin 6.3L
2004 Dodge Viper SRT-10: 460 RWHP, 503 RWTQ
WWW 18297901 shadwlight  
IP Logged

newtoboating
Land Lubber

Austin Boater

Reply #6 - Mar 6th, 2013 at 1:06pm

Do you still have pics of the boat and everything you had done to it? I was curious to see them and they are no longer showing up here.

IP Logged

Chris
Land Lubber

Austin Boater

Reply #7 - Mar 6th, 2013 at 3:36pm

Yes. I have tons of pics. Send me a pm with your contact info and I'd be glad to send them to you. The boat has since sold though. Sorry for not updating.

IP Logged

newtoboating
Land Lubber

Austin Boater

Reply #8 - Mar 6th, 2013 at 4:55pm

Thanks. I would really appreciate seeing everything you had done to it. I am sending a pm now.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Sponsors
Texas Boat Forums - Everything boating and Texas!

Lake Boss - Boating, booze and good times on the lake blog

Sea Tow
Hula Boat Care