Austin Boat Forums   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Boat safe! Have a great time on the lakes here!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Memorial Day 2010 (Read 7413 times)
Shaka
Veteran Austin Boater

Austin Boater

Round Rock, Texas
Memorial Day 2010
May 27th, 2010 at 10:13am

Going out Friday afternoon to Sunrise Beach on LBJ for the weekend.   We have some friends that have a lake house in one of the SRB coves.

Anyone going to LBJ?    If so, look for us daily at the beach in the Sandy Creek cove in SRB.

IP Logged

XX14NORDICRAGE
Land Lubber

San Antonio Navy

San Antonio
Re: Memorial Day 2010
Reply #1 - May 27th, 2010 at 5:53pm

We're heading up on Sunday.  We're launching in Kingsland and will be running around a bit with them.  We're in a white 25' Nordic Rage - Mid Cabin Open Bow and our friends have a Tige V-Drive.

Are you still going to be around on Sunday?

IP Logged

Captain YARRR
Admin

Doing the rain dance

Round Rock, TX
Reply #2 - May 27th, 2010 at 8:08pm

I've got a friend who offered for us to stay for a weekend in June with her, so we'll be checking it out then!

Hope you guys have fun!

Nordic rage, would love to see some pics of your boat. I'm developing a crush on Nordic boats and I am trying to learn all I can about them.

2005 Sunsation Dominator 32 MCOB - twin 6.3L
2004 Dodge Viper SRT-10: 460 RWHP, 503 RWTQ
WWW 18297901 shadwlight  
IP Logged

XX14NORDICRAGE
Land Lubber

San Antonio Navy

San Antonio
Reply #3 - May 27th, 2010 at 9:42pm

Here,try this link.  Mine's the first one. 

http://riverdavesplace.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32116

I really fell for the clean lines of the boat.  That paired with 496 HO with plenty of power for this boat and the mid-cabin/open bow for the kids and it's pretty close to the perfect boat for us and our brood of five.

IP Logged

nathan
Lake Admiral

Going Home !!!!!

Leander, TX Soon
Reply #4 - May 27th, 2010 at 9:45pm

love sunrise beach.  I grew up on weekend there and a kid because my grandfather had a lake house out there.

My Happy place is on a boat at the lake with my kids!!

current boats:
1983 chaparral 235 XLC (restoration)
1977 playcraft p24 pontoon (parents own now I am the mechanic)
1975 skeeter hawk (on hold)
nathanb42  
IP Logged

XX14NORDICRAGE
Land Lubber

San Antonio Navy

San Antonio
Reply #5 - May 29th, 2010 at 5:57pm

Shaka wrote on May 27th, 2010 at 10:13am:
Going out Friday afternoon to Sunrise Beach on LBJ for the weekend.   We have some friends that have a lake house in one of the SRB coves.

Anyone going to LBJ?    If so, look for us daily at the beach in the Sandy Creek cove in SRB.

So how crazy was it on Friday?  Were you out today?  We're headed up tomorrow morning expect to be on the water around noon.

IP Logged

Captain YARRR
Admin

Doing the rain dance

Round Rock, TX
Reply #6 - May 31st, 2010 at 10:30am

XX14NORDICRAGE wrote on May 27th, 2010 at 9:42pm:
Here,try this link.  Mine's the first one. 

http://riverdavesplace.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32116

I really fell for the clean lines of the boat.  That paired with 496 HO with plenty of power for this boat and the mid-cabin/open bow for the kids and it's pretty close to the perfect boat for us and our brood of five.

Great looking boat. I love the curvy lines of them.

How's the fuel consumption with the 496 HO?

WWW 18297901 shadwlight  
IP Logged

Shaka
Veteran Austin Boater

Austin Boater

Round Rock, Texas
Reply #7 - May 31st, 2010 at 8:40pm

Friday wasn't too bad.   Lot's of lake patrol.  They were doing lots of safety checks.

Saturday was good too.   The beach was packed.    We spent several hours there and then went over to Blue Lake cove and dropped anchor to float.

Sunday was CRAZY!   Way too many boats and the chop was wicked.   Tried to tube the kids but it was too busy.  Went back to the beach and Blue Lake Cove.

Today (Monday) was perfect.   My kids were able to wakeboard and ski.   We were also able to kneeboard over to the beach.  Got a nice spot on the end and the kids had a blast.   

Tough to leave.   Oh well, back to reality.

I hope everyone else had a good holiday weekend.

IP Logged

XX14NORDICRAGE
Land Lubber

San Antonio Navy

San Antonio
Reply #8 - May 31st, 2010 at 10:38pm

We were up on the Llano arm maybe a half mile past the bridge.  It was pretty busy most of the day on Sunday for us too.  We ran a bit further up the Llano and found an area that was about 3 - 4 ft. deep and anchored and hung out for a while.  I did venture out into the main part of the lake, maybe a mile or two up and I never got away from folks, Memorial Day, to be expected.

Funny you should ask about fuel consumption.  I've only had the boat out about four times, all to Canyon here in SA.  Each time I've been putting in about 10 gallons in each tank.  They were only day trips with the kids - a little tubing and a few runs back and forth across the lake.  That resulted in me having two tanks with 3/4's full tanks.  I didn't put any gas in prior to our trip to LBJ yesterday.  We ran a good amount towing the kids tubing, idling around trying to teach them to ski, and a few pretty good runs around the lake.  The result... two 1/2 full tanks.  Fuel consumption seems to be very good.  Maybe it'll drink it if you're running poker run kind of speeds?  It was too rough for us to do that.  The wife is fond of the WFO concept....yet! 

We have another really nice lake down here, Medina.  It's mostly full now and I think we'll head there in a couple of weekends.  I might suggest instead of a Canyon Lake forum element just have a San Antonio area Lakes section?

IP Logged

Wake man
Lake Captain

Austin Boater

Reply #9 - Jun 1st, 2010 at 10:42am

I like the San Antonio lakes idea. It makes sense since they aren't far and there isn't a SA forum as far as I know.

One boatless wake boarder!

IP Logged

Captain YARRR
Admin

Doing the rain dance

Round Rock, TX
Reply #10 - Jun 1st, 2010 at 8:59pm

XX14NORDICRAGE wrote on May 31st, 2010 at 10:38pm:
Funny you should ask about fuel consumption.  I've only had the boat out about four times, all to Canyon here in SA.  Each time I've been putting in about 10 gallons in each tank.  They were only day trips with the kids - a little tubing and a few runs back and forth across the lake.  That resulted in me having two tanks with 3/4's full tanks.  I didn't put any gas in prior to our trip to LBJ yesterday.  We ran a good amount towing the kids tubing, idling around trying to teach them to ski, and a few pretty good runs around the lake.  The result... two 1/2 full tanks.  Fuel consumption seems to be very good.  Maybe it'll drink it if you're running poker run kind of speeds?  It was too rough for us to do that.  The wife is fond of the WFO concept....yet! 

We have another really nice lake down here, Medina.  It's mostly full now and I think we'll head there in a couple of weekends.  I might suggest instead of a Canyon Lake forum element just have a San Antonio area Lakes section?

Sounds like you get about the same fuel consumption that I do with my 5.7! Well that's one more thing to not scare me off of buying a Nordic lol. I keep trying to talk myself out of a bigger boat. Although this weekend, I had at least 10 people on my boat on Saturday and it DRANK fuel. I filled it almost full on Saturday and might have ran it out of gas going from Jonestown, to Manfield, to the Cove and back. Wouldn't start when I pulled off the dock to put it on the trailer.

I like the San Antonio lakes idea too. The more general the better unless we start getting a bunch of San Antonio folks around here. But I think we're safe for a while!

WWW 18297901 shadwlight  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Sponsors
Texas Boat Forums - Everything boating and Texas!

Lake Boss - Boating, booze and good times on the lake blog

Sea Tow
Hula Boat Care