Austin Boat Forums   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Boat safe! Have a great time on the lakes here!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ski Shores Closing (Read 3424 times)
Shaka
Veteran Austin Boater

Austin Boater

Round Rock, Texas
Ski Shores Closing
Jan 6th, 2010 at 8:25am

Sad news.    Ski Shores, a popular iconic cafe (est. 1954) closed.  The rent went up and the operator threw in the towel.   Let's hope someone else steps in and takes over the lease.   I would hate to see it shuttered like The Pier was five - six years ago.

Cry

IP Logged

Wake man
Lake Captain

Austin Boater

Re: Ski Shores Closing
Reply #1 - Jan 6th, 2010 at 11:06am

I have never been there. I read on Google reviews that there's a lot of mixed feelings about the place. Always sad to see a great lake front venue shut down.

One boatless wake boarder!

IP Logged

Captain YARRR
Admin

Doing the rain dance

Round Rock, TX
Reply #2 - Jan 6th, 2010 at 5:04pm

I haven't been there either since I don't usually hit Lake Austin. However, that's always too bad when a great spot right on the lake like that shuts down. I really enjoy pulling up to the Pier for a bloody mary and a burger. The more places like that on the lake the better!

2005 Sunsation Dominator 32 MCOB - twin 6.3L
2004 Dodge Viper SRT-10: 460 RWHP, 503 RWTQ
WWW 18297901 shadwlight  
IP Logged

Shaka
Veteran Austin Boater

Austin Boater

Round Rock, Texas
Reply #3 - Jan 13th, 2010 at 10:57am

http://www.austin360.com/food-drink/food-matters-east-side-king-food-trailer-bad...

Another eatery planned for Ski Shores site

When news broke in late December that Ski Shores Waterfront Cafe on Lake Austin was closing, groans of disappointment could be heard on Internet food forums: "Major bummer. Another unique Austin place bites the dust," one Yelp commenter said.

The good news for fans of dockside dining is that another restaurant will open at the Ski Shores site at 2905 Pearce Road, reports Austinite Brad Fowler, whose family owns the property.

The restaurant building is closed for repairs and maintenance until a new tenant takes over, likely in the early spring, said Fowler, whose father, Marion Fowler, first built a restaurant at Ski Shores in 1954.

We reported the closing of Ski Shores Waterfront Cafe in Food Matters after an e-mail from George and Dianne Levy, who leased the Ski Shores building from the Fowlers. "After a 13-year presence on Lake Austin, the Levy family has decided to close its doors," the e-mail said. "It was a wonderful run."

IP Logged

Wake man
Lake Captain

Austin Boater

Reply #4 - Jan 14th, 2010 at 8:26am

excellent. Any rumors on what it might be? C'mon a dollar beers kind of place! Smiley

One boatless wake boarder!

IP Logged

Nitro1
Austin Boater

Faster than you

Devil's Cove
Reply #5 - Jan 18th, 2010 at 9:23am

Awww, what a bummer. That was a great little burger place.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Sponsors
Texas Boat Forums - Everything boating and Texas!

Lake Boss - Boating, booze and good times on the lake blog

Sea Tow
Hula Boat Care