Austin Boat Forums   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  A great place to talk about the lake when you aren't on it.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Local Upholstery Shops (Read 10857 times)
Shaka
Veteran Austin Boater

Austin Boater

Round Rock, Texas
Local Upholstery Shops
Aug 20th, 2009 at 9:01am

My thirteen year old boat is due for another round of upholstery work this off season.    Last round was in 03 and Casie did the work.   I've also had Jim's Top Shop do some work in between.   

Anyone recommend a good local boat upholstery shop?

IP Logged

Captain YARRR
Admin

Doing the rain dance

Round Rock, TX
Re: Local Upholstery Shops
Reply #1 - Aug 20th, 2009 at 5:19pm

I am curious on this one too. My roommate wore some cheap boat shoes that left a mark on one of my seats that needs some pro attention and my GF accidentally ripped a hole in one of my seats when a screw got exposed.

South Austin Marine said they have someone who does a good job and will take care of it if I take it back for winterizing. But they didn't discuss pricing.

2005 Sunsation Dominator 32 MCOB - twin 6.3L
2004 Dodge Viper SRT-10: 460 RWHP, 503 RWTQ
WWW 18297901 shadwlight  
IP Logged

Captain YARRR
Admin

Doing the rain dance

Round Rock, TX
Reply #2 - Dec 31st, 2009 at 12:43pm

Did you get this figured out?

2005 Sunsation Dominator 32 MCOB - twin 6.3L
2004 Dodge Viper SRT-10: 460 RWHP, 503 RWTQ
WWW 18297901 shadwlight  
IP Logged

Shaka
Veteran Austin Boater

Austin Boater

Round Rock, Texas
Reply #3 - Jan 4th, 2010 at 9:40am

For the first round of upholstry repair, I used Cassie Boat Repair.  Old Man Cassie used to work at the Austin Glastron factory with my Dad back in the 70's.   He did excellent work.   He trained his son and handed the business over to him a couple of years ago.   I don't know if it made it.  The kid wasn't as good as his Dad and was super slow.

I used Jim's Top Shop for a engine cover/ sun pad repair in 2007 and they did a good job with a nice price.

I haven't taken my stuff in yet.   Will probably do so next week for an estimate.   

Two things I recommend if possible.  #1- go off season (winter months)....just like boat repairs, they get super busy during the summer and it can take months for repair.  #2 - remove your items and take them in instead of taking your whole boat into the shop.  For example, I need to get my bench seats redone, so I'll unscrew the hinges and remove the seats.   It helps them with space issues, reduces labor, and it keeps your boat from sitting outdoors.

I'll let you know what estimate looks like next week.

IP Logged

Nitro1
Austin Boater

Faster than you

Devil's Cove
Reply #4 - Jan 4th, 2010 at 7:47pm

You are absolutely right about any kind of boat repairs, better to do it now when it is cold. I have a tear in one of my captain chairs, it doesn't look like a big deal but it could surprise me on the cost. I want to know how much I should budget.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Sponsors
Texas Boat Forums - Everything boating and Texas!

Lake Boss - Boating, booze and good times on the lake blog

Sea Tow
Hula Boat Care