Austin Boat Forums   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Posting here is better than Facebook, nobody gets annoyed with 50 pictures of your boat here.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Where did you buy your boat? (Read 3172 times)
Wake man
Lake Captain

Austin Boater

Where did you buy your boat?
Aug 19th, 2009 at 11:04am

I am currently boatless and am in the market. What dealer have people had good luck with? Any bad?

One boatless wake boarder!

IP Logged

Shaka
Veteran Austin Boater

Austin Boater

Round Rock, Texas
Re: Where did you buy your boat?
Reply #1 - Aug 20th, 2009 at 9:40am

I bought my boat at Wood's Fun Center back when they sold boats.   The salesman that sold me my boat now runs the Lakeway Sail & Ski.   Sail & Ski is an excellent dealership.  I don't know how much value you put into surveys, but they were recognized as being one of the top ten boat dealerships (all brands) in the country.  I think #4.

http://www.boating-industry.com/output.cfm?id=1909099

I didn't get along with the Ski Dock dealer when I was shopping.  I was looking at the Baja runabouts and they were very standoffish.

My brother in law bought a Malibu from Central Texas Watersports on IH35 and he has been very pleased with them.   I went with him when he was shopping and they were eager to do a water test for him.

I've heard good things about Boat Town and my buddy had a good experience with Austin Boats and Motors.

I've used Travis / Tracker for repair and they've done a good job with my maintenacne and repairs.

Whatever you do, insist on a test drive.  If they are too busy (which I can't imagine any dealership being with today's economy), walk away.

IP Logged

Captain YARRR
Admin

Doing the rain dance

Round Rock, TX
Reply #2 - Aug 20th, 2009 at 5:23pm

I looked at Sail and Ski in Austin and had a great experience. The salesman took a lot of time to answer first time boater questions, he was super thorough and was very helpful. I would have bought from them if they had what I wanted. They were a little on the expensive side, but I imagine they would have some down in price on the used boat if I pressed them.

I bought from South Austin Marine, they were very helpful and happy to work with me. The salesman spent a lot of time with me and helped with all the basics. I feel like I got a fair deal and I am really enjoying the boat. There have been a few niggling things after buying it, but I can't really hold them responsible. The guy there who wired our Porsche for the trailer didn't do an awesome job, but admittedly he's not a Porsche guy.

2005 Sunsation Dominator 32 MCOB - twin 6.3L
2004 Dodge Viper SRT-10: 460 RWHP, 503 RWTQ
WWW 18297901 shadwlight  
IP Logged

Wake man
Lake Captain

Austin Boater

Reply #3 - Sep 16th, 2009 at 2:28pm

I am guessing this is a good time of year to get serious about looking. Thanks for the info guys.

One boatless wake boarder!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Sponsors
Texas Boat Forums - Everything boating and Texas!

Lake Boss - Boating, booze and good times on the lake blog

Sea Tow
Hula Boat Care